Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger and Freelance Model

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

4 Steps for Maintaining Your Summer Glow

Source: We Heart It
It's officially Fall and with the season change comes shorter days, longer nights and cold dry weather. I've already busted out my heavier moisturizers and less mattifying foundations, but if there's one thing I'm keen on maintaining past the summer it's my sun-kissed skin. Dry and dull is not a good look on anybody but the Fall and Winter makes it harder to achieve that summer glow. Below are my top 4 tips for maintaining healthy glowing skin:

Source: We Heart It
1. Drink Lots of Water
I know, I know, you've heard this tip a thousand times before and for a multitude of reasons, but I cannot stress this cliché advice enough. They say you should drink eight 8-oz glasses of water a day but if you're not the water type check out these superfood smoothie and drink recipes by ALOHA. I'm thinking of trying out the Super Secret Ingredient Detoxifying Lemonade myself.

2. Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate
One of the main culprits of dull skin is dead skin cells. I like to use a body scrub at least 1-2x a week and a gentle facial scrub 2-3x a week. My favorites are the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub ($26) for my body and the St. Ives Nourished & Smooth Oatmeal Scrub + Mask ($3.99) for my face.

Source: We Heart It
3. Moisturize (Even if You're Oily!)
Colder weather means drier skin so even if your skin is oily, be sure to apply moisturizer at least at night. If you have drier skin I would recommend the Pond's Dry Skin Cream ($4.17) and for normal to oilier skin I'd recommend the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel ($8.61). For my body I like to use the Nivea Cocoa Butter In-Shower Body Lotion ($5.99) in the mornings and the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream ($15.99) at night.

4. Fake It 'til You Make It
Now that your skin is hydrated and moisturized it's time to take care of that fading summer tan. We're not all as lucky as the Kardashians, or your Facebook friend from high school who seems to devote her life to traveling the world and making you jealous, to be able to fly to sunnier climates over the weekend during the Fall/Winter to work on our tan. This is where we cheat a little bit and bust out the fake tanner. My favorite for the body is Jergens Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer ($8.49) and for my face I like to use a light dusting of bronzer over my foundation.

Products Mentioned
What are your best tips for maintaining your summer glow?


Follow
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment