Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger and Freelance Model

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Review: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water



Ever since I was introduced to Bioderma a few years ago I've had a bottle of micellar water sitting on my bathroom counter. However, I still keep a two-part makeup remover on hand to remove any waterproof mascara or falsies, which micellar water seems to have difficulty with. So when Garnier came out with a cleansing water that claimed to remove "even waterproof mascara," I had to try it.

The Product
The Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-In-1 Waterproof Makeup Remover & Cleanser ($8.99+) claims to be powerful yet gentle on the skin. The micelles act as a magnet capturing and lifting away dirt, oil and waterproof makeup without harsh rubbing. This way, skin is left clean and refreshed without being over-dried.

The Verdict
I will say that the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is better than most other (quite possibly even Bioderma) micellar waters when it comes to removing waterproof makeup. It quickly dissolves my waterproof eyeliner and mascara, making it easy to gently wipe it off. However, I cannot confidently say that it is any better at taking off falsies. It definitely outperforms other American drugstore brands I've tried, such as Simple, but I still have difficulty removing my lash glue even with a soaked Q-Tip.

TL;DR
• Powerful yet gentle ✓
• Lifts away dirt, oil and waterproof mascara ✓
• Skin is left clean and refreshed ✓
• Does not dry out skin ✓

xoxo, Elle
Follow
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment