Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger and Freelance Model

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


Along with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation ($18), I also picked up this equally well-known Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation ($12.49). As I mentioned in my London Beauty Haul post, I picked this up as a backup in case the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation didn't work out for me. I purchased it in the shade Soft Beige.

The Product
The Rimmel Wake Me Up line is available only in the UK (as of now) and it's supposed to instantly reawaken skin with a healthy, radiant glow while minimizing premature skin aging. It has a light, smooth texture that claims to give a natural, 100% poreless coverage that instantly eliminates signs of tiredness and lifts skin from fatigue. Despite this claim, I still see some of the larger pores on my cheeks so I wouldn't totally agree. It contains radiance pearls that are supposed to illuminate for a healthy, radiant glow but I honestly think that my face just looks like a disco ball. The foundation is supposed to contain peptides to increase skin elasticity so it can recover and bounce back more quickly. However, since I'm only 22 and don't have aging skin I can't quite attest to noticing any significant improvement in the elasticity of my skin. Finally, it has SPF 15 to protect your skin from the sun.

The Results
I've been using the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation for a little under a month now and it honestly pales in comparison to the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I don't notice any significance pore coverage and instead of brightening my skin it just looks like a glitter bomb hit my face. The foundation can hardly stand up against my oily skin so I look like a grease ball by midday and by the end of the day I barely have any foundation left. I don't have aging skin so I can't say it helps with improving skin elasticity but given that it fails at all other aspects of being a foundation I don't think whether it helps signs of aging doesn't really matter. I would only recommend trying out this foundation if you have dull, dry skin.

Highlights
• Light, smooth texture 
• 100% Poreless Coverage (I still see my larger pores)
• Illuminates for a Healthy, Radiant Glow (My face looks like a disco ball)
• Flawless Natural Finish 
Increases Skin Elasticity ?
• SPF 15 


Follow
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment