Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger and Freelance Model

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sephora VIB Review: Laura Mercier, Becca, MUFE & More

I may have gone a little wild during Sephora's latest VIB haul.
Just a little.

Although the Sephora VIB sale has ended, none of these products have been discontinued so I think a haul and review are still quite relevant. There are a few products I haven't had the chance to try yet and I did end up returning a few products but I'll be sure to call that out below.

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop ($38) - I had to get my hands on this highlighter since it was formulated by one of my favorite YouTubers, Jaclyn Hill. This soft white gold highlighter has peachy pink undertones making it great for individuals with fair skin. However, I did end up returning the product because of the high price tag. I couldn't justify spending $38 on a highlighter that I was fairly certain I could find a dupe for, and sure enough I did. ColourPop's highlighter in Wisp, which retails for a mere $8 is a similar champagne shade so I'd recommend trying that for a more affordable alternative.

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer ($37) - I've been searching for a primer that can hold up against my oily T-zone for over a year now and I was hopeful this would be the one. However, the texture of the primer is incredibly tacky and makes for such an annoying application that I had to return it. That's not to say it didn't work though, it definitely kept my matte for most of the day but I was certain I could find a primer just as effective and not as tacky. I'm currently using a primer trick that I stole from Kylie Jenner and it seems to be working just fine and for a fraction of the price.

Nails Inc. Nailkale Superfood Base Coat ($15) - I was in the market for a new base coat and I thought "hey, why not?" I never tried Nails Inc. before but had heard great things about this base coat. Even though it's $15, I'm willing to invest in the protection of my natural nails. I used to wear polish a lot and in my experience a cheap base can lead to yellowing and damage to the nails. I haven't had the chance to try this out yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Nails Inc. 45 Second Top Coat with Kensington Caviar ($15) - Another pricey nail polish from Nails Inc. that I have yet to try but am excited to. I used to use Seche Vite but I noticed that I would get rashes all over my face and my eczema would falre up whenever I was wearing it. Whatever chemicals were within Seche Vite was not mixing well with my sensitive skin so I looked for another fast-dry top coat. As the name suggests, this top coat claims to dry down in 45 seconds but I guess I'll be the judge of that.

Christophe Robin Delicate Volumizing Shampoo with Rose Extracts ($38) - If you follow me on Instagram you'll know that I recently dyed my hair blonde. Ever since then I've been searching for a shampoo and conditioner that's safe to use on my colored hair. I purchased this product on a whim since it claims to be sulfate-free and volumizing, which are two things I was looking for. Also, it has rose extracts and I love anything rose scented!

Christophe Robin Volumizing Conditioner with Rose Extracts ($43) - The conditioner counterpart to the Christophe Robin shampoo that I bought, I obviously put this product into my basket because I figured the duo would work better together. I haven't had a chance to try either yet but hopefully it lives up to my expectations because it sure is pricey.

BeautyBlender ($20) - Need I really explain what this powerful pink sponge is? I'm sure most of you have already tried it. I don't know why I ever stopped using a BeautyBlender (probably because of the price) but I don't think I'll ever live without one again. It helps to apply all my liquids and creams beautifully and can even be used for baking.

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation ($47) - The last time I used this foundation was in college and I remember absolutely loving it. It withstood my oily T-zone and continued to look flawless up until the end of the night. I stopped using it so that I could test other foundations but nothing I've tried has ever impressed me as much as this one by Lancôme.

Smashbox Color Correcting Stick ($23) - Color correcting is huge right now and I've shamelessly hopped onto the bandwagon. I purchased this Smashbox Color Correcting Stick in green to neutralize the redness from any pimples, sensitive skin and red veins on my cheeks. While effective, I ended up needing much more than I thought I would to cover up all my redness so I ended up returning it and am now searching for an all over color-correcting primer.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid ($28) - I purchased this color correcting fluid in yellow to cover up my under eye circles and I absolutely love it. I have horrible dark circles because of lack of sleep, allergies and genetics. This yellow color corrector works wonders by neutralizing the purple/blue tint under my eyes. I apply a little concealer on top and it looks like I've had a good night's sleep.

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($38) - I've had my eyes on this setting powder for quite some time but never got around to buying it until now. It's a finely milled loose translucent powder that gives an airbrushed finish to the skin. I use it all over my face to set my makeup and my next test would be to use it for baking.

Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub ($52) - People use scrubs on their face and body so why not their scalp? I've been searching for a good scalp scrub for a while and decided to try this one out as it's an Allure Best of Beauty winner. It contains sea salt to cleanse and soothe sensitive and oily scalps without irritation.

Any other products you'd recommend I'd try?

xoxo, Elle
Follow
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment