Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger and Freelance Model

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I Use Men's Aftershave Balm for...What?!


If you're an avid Snapchatter and beauty junkie like myself then you most likely follow Kylie Jenner. About a month ago Kylie revealed that she uses the Nivea Men's Post Shave Balm ($5.59) as a primer. So obviously, I had to try it.

Kylie's makeup artist recommended the product to people with oily skin. It contains ingredients such as Chamomile and Vitamin E to soothe and protect the skin while Witch Hazel works to keep excess oil at bay. In Kylie's snap she suggested using a sponge and downward strokes to apply it to the face. She also said to wait until it fully dries before applying foundation.

I've been using it as a primer for a few weeks now and I've got to admit, Kylie's makeup artist knows what she's talking about. It does a great job of delivering light moisture to the skin while keeping me from looking like an oil slick. I do have to touch-up about halfway through the day with an oil-blotting sheet but considering I usually touch-up within 2-3 hours after applying my makeup, I'd say the shave balm is doing a fine job.

I'd highly recommend checking out this Nivea Men's Post Shave Balm as an alternative to your typical primer. It's only $5.59 and c'mon, if Kylie Jenner uses it it has to be good!

xoxo, Elle
Follow
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment